What is ED (erectile dysfunction)?
ED or Erectile dysfunction is the inability to achieve or sustain an erection suitable for sexual intercourse. It’s sometimes referring to as impotence, although this term is now used less often.
Erectile dysfunction is the most common sex problem that men report to their doctor. It affects as many as 30 million men. Occasional Erectile dysfunction isn’t uncommon. Many men experience it during times of stress. Frequent Erectile dysfunction, however, can be a sign of health problems that need treatment. It can also be a sign of emotional or relationship difficulties that may need to be addressed by a professional.
Can Erectile dysfunction happen suddenly?
1.Most often when blood flow in the penis is limited or nerves are harmed
2.With stress or emotional reasons.
3.As an early warning of a more serious illness, like: atherosclerosis (hardening or blocked arteries), heart disease, high blood pressure or high blood sugar from Diabetes
4.Erectile dysfunction Erectile dysfunction is defined as persistent difficulty achieving and maintaining an erection sufficient to have sex.
5.Causes are usually medical but can also be psychological.
6.Organic causes are usually the result of an underlying medical condition affecting the blood vessels or nerves supplying the penis.
7.Numerous prescription drugs, recreational drugs, alcohol, and smoking, can all cause Erectile dysfunction.
what causes ED or Erectile dysfunction ?
- Being over age 50
- Having high blood sugar (Diabetes)
- Having high blood pressure
- Having cardiovascular disease
- Having high cholesterol
- Using drugs or drinking too much alcohol
- Being obese
- Lacking exercise
Physical Causes of Erectile dysfunction
- heart disease and narrowing of blood vessels
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- obesity and metabolic syndrome
- Parkinson’s disease
- multiple sclerosis hormonal disorders including thyroid conditions and testosterone deficiency
- structural or anatomical disorder of the penis, such as Peyronie disease
- smoking, alcoholism, and substance abuse, including cocaine use
- treatments for prostate disease
- surgical complications
- injuries in the pelvic area or spinal cord
- radiation therapy to the pelvic region
Erectile dysfunction symptoms
You may have Erectile dysfunctionon the off chance that you routinely have:
- inconvenience getting an erection
- trouble keeping an erection during sexual exercises
- diminished interest in sex
- Other sexual problems identified with ED include:
- untimely discharge
- deferred discharge
- anorgasmia, or the powerlessness to accomplish climax after adequate incitement
Talk with your PCP in the event that you have any of these manifestations, particularly on the off chance that they’ve gone on for at least 3 months. They can assist with deciding if your indications are brought about by a hidden condition that requires treatment.
Erectile dysfunction(ED) Test
Your health care provider may order blood tests and collect a urine sample to look for health problems that cause Erectile dysfunction.
Questionnaires are often used by health experts to rate your ability to initiate and keep erections, gauge your satisfaction with sex and help identify any problems with orgasm.
Advanced Erectile Function Tests
For some men with Erectile dysfunction, specialized testing may be needed to guide treatment or re-assess you after treatment fails.
- Blood work to check Testosterone and other male hormones
- Blood work to measure blood sugar (Diabetes)
- Ultrasonography (penile Doppler) to check blood flow
- A shot into the penis with a vascular stimulant to cause an erection
- Pelvic x-rays like arteriography, MRI or CT scanning are rarely needed to check Erectile dysfunction unless there is history of trauma or cancer
- Nocturnal penile tumescence (NPT), an overnight test to check for sleep erection
Erectile dysfunction natural treatment
The good news is that there are many treatments for erectile dysfunction, and most men will find a solution that suits them. natural Treatment includes:
Certain Herbs Trusted Source and supplements Trusted Source have been proven to treat erectile dysfunction and have achieved varying degrees of success, including:
- asparagus racemosa,
- dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA),
- ginseng, such as Korean red ginseng,
- L –Arginine,
- zinc also helps.
Please proceed with caution before purchasing herbs and supplements. Many are not regulate, which means they may contain other ingredients not listed on the label.
Prostate massage is a massage therapy that can be used to treat erectile dysfunction. Prostate massage is usually combined with other treatments. During the prostate massage, the doctor massages the tissues in and around the groin to promote blood flow to the penis. You may need to massage several times a week. The duration of massage therapy depends on your symptoms. So far, only limited research has been conducted on prostate massage and its effectiveness. Get tips on finding a doctor and more with the help of this short guide.
Prevention Of Erectile dysfunction
The best way to prevent erectile dysfunction is to make healthy lifestyle choices and to manage any existing health conditions. For example:
- Work with your doctor to manage diabetes, heart disease or other chronic health conditions.
- See your doctor for regular checkups and medical screening tests.
- Stop smoking, limit or avoid alcohol, and don’t use illegal drugs.
- Exercise regularly.
- Take steps to reduce stress.
- Get help for anxiety, depression or other mental health concerns.