Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Mission launched on 25th June 2015 which intends to provide housing for all in urban areas by year 2022. The Mission provides Central Assistance to the implementing agencies through States/Union Territories (UTs) and Central Nodal Agencies (CNAs) for providing houses to all eligible families/ beneficiaries against the validated demand for houses for about 1.12 cr. As per PMAY(U) guidelines, the size of a house for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) could be upto 30 sq. mt. carpet area, however States/UTs have the flexibility to enhance the size of houses in consultation and approval of the Ministry.
In continuation to this Government’s efforts towards empowerment of women from EWS and LIG unlike earlier schemes, PMAY (U) has made a mandatory provision for the female head of the family to be the owner or co-owner of the house under this Mission. Verticals of PMAY (Urban) A basket of options is adopted to ensure inclusion of a greater number of people depending on their income, finance and availability of land through following four options.
Objectives of PMAY Scheme
Based on recent estimates, as of September 2016, the population of the urban dwellers in India increased at an alarming rate and is expected to see a greater rate of growth in the following years. It is said that by 2050, urban dwelling population will rise to 814 million people. The calculation predicted is almost twice the number that already reside in urban areas. The major challenges also include providing people with housing options that are affordable and other major related concerns such as sanitation along with sustainable development. The Ministry also has to ensure a sustainable and safe environment for the urban population.
- The main objective of the PM Awas Yojana Scheme is housing that is affordable for all by the year 2022.
- It also intends to make it accessible to demographics that are specific such as economically challenged groups, women along people belonging to minorities such as Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- The Government’s other goal is directly in association with some of the most ignored demographics which include widows, lower income group members, transgender and henceforth provide them with sustainable and affordable housing scheme.
- Special preferences for ground floor properties will be given to differently abled and senior citizens if required.
- Registration is mandatory to avail the benefits of this scheme which includes the strict beneficiary names to be mothers or wives.
This scheme launch is intended to target urban areas of the following options to States or Union Territories as well as cities as mention earlier.
The government will use the The Socio Economic and Caste Census of 2011 (SECC 2011) to identify and select the list of PMAY beneficiaries. The village panchayats along with tehsils will be considered for consultation of beneficiaries before making the list under the rural housing scheme. This is going to be done in order to ensure transparency of the project and also make sure that only the deserving receive the aid in housing.
- Any household with total annual income between Rs.6 lakh to Rs.18 lakh can apply for the PM Awas Yojana. The applicant is allowed to include the income of the spouse while applying for this scheme.
- Indian citizens who are women may apply. No other demographic will be considered as long as they are women.
- The beneficiary can only buy a new house in order to enjoy Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana benefits. People who already own a house are not eligible to apply for this scheme. No pucca should be owned by the beneficiary or member of the family, in any part of the country.
- People will be allowed to buy/construct new houses only. One cannot avail PMAY benefits on already built house.
- People who belong to the low income group i.e. LIG and economically weaker sections also known as EWG in the society, may also apply.
- Scheduled tribes and castes will also be eligible.
- Senior citizens and differently abled will be given special priorities for ground floor housing.
How to Apply Online in pmaymis.gov.in (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana)
Step: 1 – Log on to the PMAY website pmaymis.gov.in
Step: 2 – Choose the ‘Citizen Assessment’ option and click on the applicable choice: “For Slum Dwellers” or “Benefits under other 3 components”.
Step: 3 – Enter Aadhaar card details
Step: 4 – This will redirect you to the application page, where you will have to fill in all the details accurately.
Step: 5 – The details to be filled include name, contact number, other personal details, bank account and income details, among others.
Step: 6 – Once this is done, choose the ‘Save’ option and enter the Captcha code.
Step: 7 – Then, click on the ‘Save’ button. The application is now complete and a print out can be taken at this stage.
How to apply for PMAY scheme offline Process?
While individuals can apply for the PMAY-Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme online using the steps mentioned above, they can also apply for it offline.
In order to apply for PMAY offline, you need to visit a Common Service Centre (CSC) made available by the state and union territory governments. There, you need to fill up and submit the application form provided by the officials after paying Rs.25 plus GST.
It needs to be mentioned here that no private entity/persons have been authorised by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA) to collect this fee from any beneficiary under this scheme. If you have any further clarifications, you can call or write to:Raj Kumar Gautam
Director (HFA – 5)
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA)
Room Number 118, G Wing
New Delhi – 110011
Tel: 011-23060484/ 011-23063285
E-mail: [email protected]/ [email protected]
How to Check PMAY- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Application Status Online?
Those who have applied for this scheme can check the status of the form and take a printout of the application. Let’s explore how.
There are basically 2 ways to track the PMAY Application Status
- With Assessment ID
- By entering other personal details such as Name, Father’s Name & Mobile No
HOW to Check the PMAY Application Status with Assessment ID
Step: 1 – Log on to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana website: http://pmaymis.gov.in/Track_Application_Status.aspx or go to the ‘Citizen Application’ option and then choose the ‘Check Status’ button.
Step: 2 – When you hit the track button, there will be two options displayed: ‘By Name, Father’s Name & Mobile No’ and ‘By Assessment ID’.
Step: 3 – Choose the ‘By Assessment ID’.
Step: 4 – Enter the Assessment ID & Mobile Number that was assigned when the form was filled and submitted.
Step: 5 – After filling in the details, click on the option called ‘Submit’.
Step: 6 – The user will soon know the stage at which his/her application is
HOW to Check the Application Status online of PMAY Scheme with Name, Father’s Name & Mobile No
Step: 1 – Log on to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana website (pmaymis.gov.in) and go to the ‘Citizen Application’ option and then choose the ‘Check Status’ button.
Step: 2 – After clicking on the know your status button, choose the ‘By Name, Father’s Name & Mobile No’ option
Step: 3 – Once this is done, provide the State, District and City details
Step: 4 – The next step is to fill in the Name, Father’s name and Mobile Number
Step: 5 – Once this done, Click ‘Submit’
Step: 6 – Once this done, the status can be viewed
How to Download Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Application Form
Step:1- Log on to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana website: pmaymis.gov.in
Step:2- Follow the steps listed above and access the application form by one of the two ways mentioned above.
Step:3- Click on the “print” option.
Terms and Conditions
- Only those who belong to economically weaker sections of society or lower income groups can apply for this scheme.
- If at any point of time the applicant has misrepresented facts, the loan may be cancelled and suitable legal action will be taken.
- If there is any misrepresentation in income proof, the loan granted will be cancelled and suitable legal action will be taken.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Application Form
There are various advantages of applying for PMAY online. Below are the benefits:
- The online application is easy to fill and it provides applicants a hassle-free user experience
- Once the applicant has successfully submitted the application, it can be easily tracked online. This will help the user track the status of the application
Guidelines On Filling Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Application Form
- It is first and foremost important to check if you are eligible to apply for the PMAY scheme
- To assess this, log on to the PMAY website and go to the PMAY beneficiary list to check this.
- Only those with an Aadhaar card can apply for this scheme
- All bank related and income related details have to be kept ready to apply for this scheme.
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- The applicant needs to provide their Aadhaar details and one cannot apply for this scheme without one
- For Identity and residential proof, the documents that can be furnished include PAN card, Voter ID, Driving License
- In case the applicant belongs to a minority community, the proof of the same needs to provided.
- There is need to provide proof of Nationality. This can be done using the passport
- Economically Weaker Section certificate or Low Income Group certificate should be provided
- Salary slips
- IT return statements
- Property valuation certificate
- Bank details and account statements
- Proof that the applicant does not own a ‘pucca’ house
- Proof that the applicant is constructing a home under the scheme